10/01/2007

Coffee Shop Talk - A shameful sight

A shameful sight at the Esplanade. From: dream_waker 02:27 Was walking around the esplanade yesterday and some sinkie that I came across there coupled with my experience of working with quite a few others in my work prompted me to write some observation here. What I saw at the esplanade along the bay front. (1)A group of teenager, both guy & gal, around the age of 14-16 were running in rank and file, one carrying a flag and the worse part....they were singing "1 little 2 little 3 little indian...." in singlish tone. I turn my eye away in disgust... I observed that some foreign tourist there were also looking at this sinkies with shocked and amused expression, what a shame... (2)At the esplanade a play for kids was being conducted at the foyer . Nothing wrong, except that the play was conducted in singlish....I covered my ears in disgust. I also notice that all the audience crowding around the play were sinkies, a lot of them in heartlander attire. No foreigners were in sight, they must have found the crap equally repulsive. At work I have also been constantly irritated and pissed off by sinkie corporate customer who do not see thing in a bigger and strategic picture but always like to focus and argue on nitty gritty things, where they think that they are the "master" in applying their "western trained logical thinking" into analysis. They failed to realize how stupid it is to be wasting time discussing and arguing on things that will not serve any major or strategic purpose. In short, they think they are very smart and always like to pass comment and opinion with a tone of certainty. I always avoid working with sinkie customer as far as possible. It seem that 30 years of education has only manage to produce crops of stupid, naive, petty and worse arrogant freaks that are neither appreciated or accepted in the east or in the west. Sad... I must admit that I find this terribly amusing. I too sang that song in school as a kid. And everyone of us sang it with gusto, prompted by the teachers. It was such a nice children song to teach us to sing, to count and to read. Never has it occurred to me that in today's context it is offensive. I never thought it so, the children of all the races did not think so then, the teachers of all races did not think so then too. Even today I don't think so. This guy who posted this article in Sammyboy forum must be a FT and terribly paranoid. Maybe he got his point. Maybe that is the reason why Black September Day failed. I am thinking of singing the song here. It is ringing in my ears. Better not, less I offended anyone. The MOE must send out a circular to ban this song.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I read his/her observations, I can't help but note a strong sense of repulsion towards his subject matter "sinkies"..

Right from the start, this piece is skewed in prejudice.

;-(

Chua Chin Leng aka redbean said...

if we keep taking fts that harbour such prejudice, we are planting the seed for racial strife in the future.

Anonymous said...

What's so racial about the term sinkie ?

Anonymous said...

> we are planting the seed for racial strife in the future. <

Alarmist idiot.

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha.. Red beanie babe is an idiot!

What a blog, the owner is an idiot!

Hahahahah..

Anonymous said...

anonymous dumb motherfucker 1221:

Hey you fucking loser, it's only my OPINION. OK?

...or are you now believing everything I say? Got a brain? Use the bloody thing. and get your hand off your dick. (or you'll go blind—not that I care)

Post something decent for a change.

"Shit, or get off the pot".

Anonymous said...

Matilah_Singapura said...
> we are planting the seed for racial strife in the future. <
Alarmist idiot.

Who's the paranoid one now, eh beanie ? Can't take a little heat ?

Anonymous said...

Redbean, the topic is "coffee shop talk - a shameful sight" and soon your blog will follow suit with all the foul languages.

Chua Chin Leng aka redbean said...

don't worry, at the worst this blog will have matilah, me and the two of you. you are paid to be here and you cannot go away as long as we are here.

thank you for your contribution and helping this blog to chalk up hits.

Ⓜatilah $ingapura⚠️ said...

Alamak redbean, you let out the secret... pechah lobang...

hah... neber mind, google search engine likes the action!

One thing I find hard to understand, those fothermuckers who complain incessantly about how the standards of this blog are somewhat below their lofty expectations, with my (apparent) "vulgarity" a convenient strawman—which forms a foundation for their criticisms..... how come these moronic pricks keep cumming back to your blog?

Do they have shit for brains, or what? Perhaps they are mentally ill.

Anyway, the wonders of this earth and its inhabitants never cease to amaze me.